Member - Choral Directors' Association (Singapore)
Iris is an accomplished pianist, music director, choral conductor, vocal coach and composer. She has worked extensively with the local and international schools in Singapore with experiences in choral, classroom, piano and voice methodologies.
She was a child musical prodigy and won herself a scholarship with Yamaha Music School when she was 11 years old and performed all over Singapore. She was also one of the youngest organist at the Church of the Holy Cross where she played and led the Holy Cross Junior Choir for 7 years when she was 11 years old.
She graduated from the Elder Conservatorium (University of Adelaide) with a B.Mus majoring in Musicology while also being a pianist at the Elder Conservatorium Wind Ensemble and did extra studies in Music Composition at Flinders Music
She specialised in Choral Conducting and Aural studies during her postgraduate years at the University of Queensland. There she learnt about the philosophies of Zoltan Kodaly and the revolutionary approach to Music Education through solfege and voice. Since returning to Singapore in 1999, Iris has grown as a musician, educator and entrepreneur.
Her achievements and accolades so far include:
1. Winner of the Von Trapp Family Singers, 2005. The judges were the Sound of Music cast travelling to Singapore for the performance. Winners receive tour to Vienna.
2. Artistic Director of launch of President’s Challenge 2006.
3. Outstanding Contribution award as CCA instructor from CHIJ Our Lady of Good Counsel. (2006).
4. Most Promising Choir Award at the International Choral Competition Shah Alam, Cantilena Girls’ Choir (2005)
5. Musical Director for Singapore’s first television musical, School House Rockz, 2008
6. Performed and wrote an original song for TEDx Women 2009, called Shoe Stories.
7. Resident Artiste at Passion Unleashed for 2 years with Butterfly Dream from 2013-2014
From 2010-2016, Iris spent a large part of her time to learn business management, funding and consultancy working alongside her husband and partner Raymond Ng in Candle Consulting / Get Funding. She believes that this valuable time in learning about business will be very important in the next stage of her career as she builds ChorusArt Pte Ltd to be the leading edutainment company in Singapore, capable of making a mark on the world stage.
ChorusArt Pte Ltd is the concert promoter for the Vienna Boys Choir event in Singapore from 2018. www.svbc.sg